Joseph Blum, DMD
When you think about integrative dentistry, having one dentist with the experience and education of an implantologist, periodontist, oral surgeon, endodontist and prosthodontist is hard to beat. Dr. Joseph Blum has been practicing interdisciplinary dentistry in private practice for the last 16 years and has achieved a wide level of expertise that truly benefits his patients. His span of knowledge and diverse abilities create a basis of trust and confidence not only from patients, but from other dentists and team members he works with.
It’s also apparent that his level of caring runs deep, as patients often comment about feeling listened to and respected. Dr. Blum is able to break down complexity into understandable words and descriptions, always checking in to ensure you have full understanding not only of the treatment but more importantly, of the condition being treated. All of this is done with an awareness of whole-body health, not just the health of the mouth, and looking for root cause of dental problems so patients can become proactive in prevention of future problems.
To ensure that your dental treatment is comfortable and anxiety-free, a variety of comfort and anti-anxiety measures, including nitrous gas, oral, and IV sedation, are available during appointments with Dr. Blum. For patients who have had anxiety about extractions, implants, root canals and other surgeries in the past, it’s a great relief to know that their dental care going forward can be different.
Originally from Lido Beach, NY, Dr. Blum graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine (Farmington, CT) with the Sigma Xi Award for original research in Bone Biology. He attended the residency program at Montefiore Medical Center/ Albert Einstein College of Medicine, graduating with special training in Oral Surgery and Emergency Care. After residency, Dr. Blum completed 3 years of advanced training in Implantology at New York University Dental School in addition to the program in Cosmetic Rehabilitation at University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He is a Diplomate (Board Certified) of the American Board of Oral Implantology, an honor which only 28 dentists in New York state (and only 350 nationwide) have accomplished, specialists included. In his commitment to continuous improvement, Dr. Blum has received thousands of hours of continuous training and experience in the areas of oral surgery, implantology, endodontics, and prosthetic/cosmetic rehabilitation.
• 2013. Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
• 2012. Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology and Implant Dentistry
• 2012. Master, Academy of General Dentistry
• 2010. Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
• 2007. Certificate of Advanced Proficiency in Cosmetic and Oral Rehabilitation from the University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
• 2005. Certificate, New York University Dental School Advanced Implantology training Program.
• 2000. Graduated the GPR residency program (PGY-I) at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
• 1999. Graduated the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine (Farmington, CT)
Joseph Blum, DMD